St. Eugene's Cathedral School in the Diocese of Santa Rosa, mindful of its mission to be witnesses to the love of Christ for all, admits students of any race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students of St. Eugene's School. St. Eugene's Cathedral School in the Diocese of Santa Rosa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color and national and/or ethnic origin in administration of educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs and athletic and other school-administered programs. Likewise, St. Eugene's School does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of sex, handicap, race, color and national and/or ethnic origin.
The readiness of the child for grade level will be taken into consideration for placement.
- Age - Any child entering the kindergarten must be five years old by September 1st of the year he/she enters St. Eugene's Cathedral School. In grades 1-8, we use the public school cut-off date.
- Emotional Maturity - The student needs to be able to handle our particular classroom environment.
- Students requesting entrance into St. Eugene's Cathedral School will be given a screening test by the administration to determine academic placement and readiness for the curriculum program. Students will have to submit report cards of the current and previous school years.
- All applicants and their families must accept and support the school philosophy and school policies.
- Since the relationship between the parents, student, teacher and administration is so important, St. Eugene's Cathedral School puts high priority on parent cooperation, a positive and supportive attitude, and the desire for Catholic education, as opposed to private school education.
- School families (siblings): Children who have brothers or sisters in the school are given first priority so as to honor the integrity of the families.
- St. Eugene's Cathedral School serves active parishioners next. These are families that are officially registered with the parish office, support the parish with the envelope system and are involved in parish ministries and programs.
- Next, St. Eugene's Cathedral School serves active non-parish Catholics.
- Next, St. Eugene's Cathedral School serves families who are not Catholic, but who demonstrate commitment to Catholic education. These families will use the "Plan B" for tuition payment.
- Baptismal certificates must be submitted with the application.
- Availability of Space: While we admit a full kindergarten each year, we can only admit into grades first through eighth as an opening occurs. We do not know of openings until the beginning of June when our current families submit an intent to return form.
School Student Non-Discrimination Policy
Saint Eugene's Cathedral School, mindful of its mission to be a witness to the love of Christ for all, admits students regardless of race, color, national origin, and/or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at St. Eugene's.
The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, disability, medical condition, sex, or national and/or ethnic origin in the administration of educational policies and practices, scholarship programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs, although certain athletic leagues and other programs may limit participation.
While the school does not discriminate against students with special needs, a full range of services may not always be available to them. Decisions concerning the admission and continued enrollment of a student in the school are based upon the student's emotional, academic, and physical abilities and the resources available to St. Eugene's Cathedral School in meeting the student's needs.